One of my aims for this month is to try healthy new recipes and do more home-cooking. It can be hard trying to juggle baby owl, work, and being a domestic goddess!
However I think the yummy baking smell of these gorgeous, sticky, yet not-too-naughty, date, apple and banana muffins is a step in the right direction! Recipe below (they are super easy and quick to make).
200g/7oz self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
50g/2oz wholemeal flour
50g/20z light brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
125ml/4 fl oz semi-skimmed milk
2 tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
1 large apple, grated
50g banana, mashed
100g dates, chopped
How to make them
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flours, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar)
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just enough to combine fully (lumpy batter is good for muffins!)
- Then stir in the apple, banana and dates
- Divide between 12 muffin cases and bake for 25 mins
- Cool on wire rack... then devour at least one and save the rest for later! Will keep for several days.