This giveaway is to celebrate the launch of my new gorgeous new blog designs, courtesy of the fabulous and talented Kate of Kates Irrelevant (thank you!) It is also because I have won a couple of things lately and I want to say thank you and share the love!
I chose things I've made and that represent some of the things I love and write about in this blog. One randomly-chosen reader will win all of the following:
1. Four badges (pinback buttons), all made by me: one flower collage, one cute kitty, one Japanese fabric and one 1-inch yellow rose.
(Although she's a tabby, her chic white scarf reminds me of my own beloved tortoiseshell cat, Fafi. Isn't she gorgeous?)
2. This little decorative heart in two of my current favourite fabrics, with a pensive owl appliqué and three shiny buttons on the front (lovingly handmade by me).
3. This cute key-ring made from vintage childrens' picturebooks by Larkmade.
4. This beautiful reproduction vintage French postcard, with a beautiful October-themed poem and drawing (translation: It's raining / The October kind is dead / The deserted forest is bored / The wind dreams / The tree falls asleep / I watch the rain dance)
5. A book of your choice from this incredible series by Reaktion Books. As you know from this post, I am currently enjoying Desmond Morris's Owl. But there are so many more possibilities, from bee to whale, via cat and fox! The books are beautifully illustrated in colour so you can enjoy images of your favourite animal in photos, art and artefacts. Check out the full list and pick your favourite!
6. Last but by no means least, the winner will receive a personalised name badge (pinback button) made by me using a collage of vintage and contemporary magazines, newspapers and ephemera, something like this one I made for Karena of Magic Jelly to say thank you for her amazing Haiku competition and my honourable mention prize (she should be receiving it in the post soon!).
It's easy to enter (international entrants welcome):
Required: leave a comment below, saying what animal book you would choose from the Reaktion Books series and why, with your email address or a way of contacting you
Extras: (leave a separate comment for each, please):
- Follow this blog
- Follow me on twitter
- Tweet about the giveaway (and include a link to the tweet in your comment)