On Friday night I made this cushion cover for a naked cushion that had been lying around the house. This lovely tutorial by Polkadot-pretties helped me to work out how to make an envelope-style cover.this post. I thought it was such lovely, decorative fabric that it didn't need any extra embellishment. I just added some lining because the fabric was fairly thin (on the front only - next time I'll do the back too).
No matter what I did, it wouldn't pick up the bottom thread! It was so frustrating! I nearly gave up but in the end just tried using some different thread and suddenly it worked: any sewing experts who want to explain this to me, I'd be eternally grateful!
Now if only my machine would just play nice...!