Thursday 31 May 2012

humpty dumpty

Humpty Dumpty - poor old thing. He fell off a wall, and there was nothing anyone could do to put him back together. In some versions he does get up again and everyone is happy, phew! I know this because Humpty Dumpty is a big part of my life right now. My son is obsessed!

I probably sing this nursery rhyme 100 times a day. We have a dedicated bookmarks folder for YouTube videos. We act it out with every combination of toys and hats possible (the hat falling off is very important to my son). So when I saw this 1960s nursery rhyme fabric panel, I just had to get it!

I found this at NehiandZotz on Etsy, a shop full of bright, kid-friendly vintage fabrics. There were two panels, so one will definitely be a playmat and the other... well, either a playmat for someone else or... who knows? One thing is for sure, though, Humpty will have to remain intact at the centre of the panel!

I love the 1960s colours all the little details for babies and toddlers to enjoy looking at and finding. My son is also a big fan of turtles and tortoises, so I bet he'll love this little guy! It wasn't cheap to buy these but sometimes it is just worth it for something unusual that will bring so much pleasure.

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...