Thursday 28 June 2012

bike things I like

Most weekdays, I get on my ancient Raleigh bike (passed on to me by someone who upgraded), with its huge weathered basket on the front, and cycle to work. I truly love my cycling time, even if I have been known to compose tweet rants in my head about irritating road users, which thankfully I forget about by the time I reach my destination! Today I am sharing 5 lovely bike-related things to inspire you to pedal!

1. NoraJane rubber stamp

I recently bought some pretty rubber stamps from this wonderful shop and would love to add the bicycle to my collection. They are beautifully made.

2. Eline S. Earrings giveaway

You can win these adorable cycle earrings over on the Blue Eyed Night Owl blog - just click here!

3. The Kid with a Bike

I loved this film, by Belgian directors Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne. It is a really moving but totally unsentimental depiction of a child abandonned by his father, and it shows without telling.

{image source and a nice review HERE}


4. Homemade bike seat covers

There are lots of lovely tutorials for bike seat covers around the net, but I think this one is my favourite even though the instructions are in German! I really want to make one to prettify and protect my ageing bike.

5. Syd Barrett's Bike

I discovered Pink Floyd's Piper at the Gates of Dawn when I was a teenager - the one and only Pink Floyd album where Syd headed the band. Back then I loved the weirdness and atmosphere, now I understand it as a truly Cambridge album. I live in the city where Barrett was born and died. You can listen to Bike below.


What bike things do you love, and what do you love about cycling?

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...