Wednesday 27 June 2012

handmade party bags


This is what I've been up to in odd moments lately: making a ton of drawstring fabric party bags for my little boy's 2nd birthday party this Saturday!

I love the fact that they are re-usable, and that they have brightly coloured trains all over them (guess the party theme, haha!) I didn't want anything too tasteful - these are for little ones, after all! Also I love that each one has a different ribbon tie.

What's great is that making these has really helped me to perfect my drawstring-bag-making skills! So much so that I'm planning to make a tutorial for these little beauties, because they make great gift bags and there are a few tips and tricks I've learnt by making so many, that I'd like to share. (I'm afraid the kid who gets the first one I made will get a less good quality one than the last one, oh well!)

Here's a little glimpse of what the kids will find inside: a train whistle, bubbles, and a mini water pistol (you can just see the sticker I made using this fabric picture). I tried to think of things that I would personally like, even as an adult! I'm looking forward to the insane sound of all those whistles this weekend. I love noisy kids, guess I'm unusual that way!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...