Tuesday 12 June 2012

owls seek hugs (thoughts on multipotentiality)


Some people have one, incredibly amazing talent and they just go with it 100%. That's wonderful, but I also love it when people are great at lots of different things. I myself like not being bound by one activity, goal or expertise, which is why I am a big fan of the concept of the multipotentialite, coined by the creator of Puttytribe: a person with multiple areas of potential and creative interests.
My friend Ashlie, who created the gorgeous owls you are seeing in this post, is a good example of a multipotentialite. She can paint, and draw, and mix media, and make jewellery and crochet and sew and take photographs and blog and be a mum, and she excels at all these things. 
Sometimes it's tough having so many different interests, talents and creative projects, but I believe it results in some great cross-pollination. Like these owls, for example! As soon as I saw those original and clever sculpted beaks I immediately emailed to ask if I could copy the idea, it's genius!
I am very lucky to be the proud owner of one of the first (perhaps the first?) Ashlie Blake owls (above), made just for me and sent in the parcel I wrote about in this post. I am happy to say that Ashlie is also great at being a friend! :) For more about these owls, which are just waiting to be adopted, see her blog post here.

How about you? Do you prefer to focus on one thing, or do you like to juggle different activities and creative projects?

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...