It was going OK, even in spite of my creative hiatus this Summer (bad 1st trimester of pregnancy). I had made a number of my "things" and was crossing them off on the original post and linking to the result as I went along. Then, yesterday, I managed to delete all the content of that post! Merde! (That's a word I can't use anymore because my son started copying me - but I'm assuming there are no little kids reading this blog!)
And if some things get swapped in for other things I'm currently longing to make, well that's okay too, right?
Things I've already made:
n.b. just from the 34 things list - I made a whole bunch of other stuff too, of course!
- Easter wreath
- Easter rabbit, and blanket stitch
- Toddler trousers
- Bunting (also here)
- Owl toy for G's baby
- Magnets, and Fimo millefiori
- Tote bag
- Quilted pencil case
- Quick baby quilt
- little owl
Things still on the list:
- This simple Summer top from A Beautiful Mess.
- something in hexagon patchwork (allowed to be a small project!)
- decorate a crochet owl (I've been mulling this over for more than a year - finally getting there, I think...!)
- fabric bow hair clips
- make something from my own triangle fabric!
- mini seat pads for kiddo chairs
- a sunhat - can't remember if it was supposed to be for me or for a little one; let's say it could be either.
- small reversible patchwork bag
- scented sugar scrub (this is a new one - but I know there were more non-sewing projects on the list and I really want to make this!)
- owl cushion (can't remember if this was on the list, but it's been on the cards for ages)
- something from my mother's half-finished lavender sachets (I'm thinking something different... maybe a baby mobile?)
- a charm necklace
Phew! Who knows if I'll manage it all before my next birthday, but at least I get to have the satisfaction of crossing things off the list.