Sunday 11 August 2013

trinket house


I've been having fun with the decoration of my boys' room, and I'm delighted with this simple little project. My first inspiration came from this pin (sadly I can't find the original source, though the pin does link through to the website)...

See the little shelf on the wall? (Note also the amazing bubble boxes - I want me some!) Then I was blown away when I saw on Instagram that The Pampered Sparrow had bought an adorable house-shaped shelf! She guided me to finding one on eBay (just type 'house-shaped shelf'!) and soon it was mine. Here's the beautiful shelf she made with her vintage wallpapers.

I love her choice of colours, love light and pompom garland! Her blog post guides you through the whole process, so check it out if you fancy doing something similar! I also used vintage wallpapers in bright colours, especially red which is a linking bright throughout the room. It was a little tricky to get the triangle shapes right, but with a bit of perserverence they came out fine. I'm so into my vintage wallpapers at the moment! If you fancy getting some yourself I highly recommend VintageSheetAddict on Etsy. Here are some of the lovelies she has for sale right now...

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...